Working From Home Tips: How to Be More Productive
It can be tough to stay on your game – especially when working from home. COVID-19 has seen one of the biggest changes in working habits and it’s likely that, for many businesses, working from home is going to become a more regular thing. But while there are definitely some perks when it comes to working from home (e.g. reduced commuting time and costs), many still find it difficult to concentrate and get the job done – having an effect on overall workplace efficiency.
Wondering how to be productive – no matter where you are? Use our daily productivity checklist to test your skills and stay on track throughout your working day. From sending tasks and contacting team members, to taking a break and getting fresh air, our productivity checklist covers all grounds. Find out how to work from home and how to be more productive at work – wherever your office may be – with our easy steps and working from home tips.
How to be more productive at work.
As the tasks pile up and the clock starts ticking, work can start to feel pretty overwhelming – especially if you’re working remotely with no-one to vent to or bounce ideas off. Wondering how to be more productive at work? Whether you’re at home or in the office, start off by thinking about what you need to do to feel constructive on a regular working day. Our daily productivity checklist below is a guide to workplace efficiency – covering off the BAU tasks you’ll need to complete for a productive day at work:
- Get sign off on contracts and projects
- File emails and attachments
- Chase up colleagues for urgent tasks
- Assign tasks to people, internally and externally
- Clear your inbox and organise deadlines
- Liaise with external colleagues, e.g. clients and customers
- Build and share reports
- Scan and send documents
- Create document templates
Have you ticked off more than half of these boxes? Everything on your daily productivity checklist increases admin time, but it has to be done. And some of it may seem a lot harder if you’re working remotely. But while it might sound impossible, it is achievable with the right software. Find out more about how to work from home effectively below.
Work from home ideas.
Struggling with workplace efficiency? Wondering how to work from home, and be productive? Whenever you feel a little overworked or overstretched, follow our working from home tips for how to work from home successfully (also suitable for those of you in the office, too!):
- Stay in touch. Make sure that you and your colleagues are on the same line and working towards the same goals. A lack of communication can cause delays and have a detrimental effect on quality of work. With the right task management software, this is easy. Virtual Cabinet’s GetBusy feature makes sure you can stay in touch, while streamlining your business and workflows.
- Share files securely. The key to remaining GDPR compliant and ensuring the safety of your customers and employees.
- Don’t waste time on admin. Keep up communication, but don’t go overboard. Provide clear instruction and deadlines to avoid miscommunication and avoid chasing people up on work. With GetBusy, you can set automatic reminders so that your task management software will do the chasing for you.
- Maintain organisation. File documents efficiently, write daily to-do lists and plan out your day to ensure all tasks are completed – managing priorities with your task management software.
- Find time for what matters. Set your priorities and make sure you block out time in your calendar to focus on the tasks that need to be completed. If it’s a priority and it’s urgent, get it done now. If it’s a priority and it’s not time-pressing, get it planned in. If it’s urgent but not a priority, try to pass it on to someone else to make room for your own tasks.
- Organise your physical and digital workspaces. It’s not enough to have a clear desk, you also need a clear computer, too. This links back to maintaining your organisation – make sure all your files are stored correctly, avoid duplicates with version control, set up an archiving policy and delete old documents to clear your desktop, and your brain.
And those are our top working from home tips – showing you how to be productive, no matter where you are. It may seem like a lot but, with the right approach, ticking off your daily productivity checklist is easy. And there is a way you can get it all done in one…
The solution to workplace efficiency? It’s Virtual Cabinet.
Dozens of industries, including businesses both big and small, are using Virtual Cabinet to manage and streamline their workflows. From speeding up approvals with legally binding eSignatures to creating standardised document templates, with the right document management software you can make sure that workplace efficiency is at the forefront.
See it for yourself and check out our customer stories to see how our productivity software can help you and your business make your way through your productivity checklist. We’ve worked with 45,000 customers to improve workplace efficiency, with software catered to each and every one of their businesses. Still not convinced? Book a free demo online and receive quality advice from one of our product and industry experts, personalised to your business and your pain points. We’ll share our top tips on how to be productive, how to set up your document management software, as well as discussing some work from home ideas to ensure that your business runs smoothly.